I recently purchased two items from Andre Walker Hair: Gold System for Kinky product line. My deft purchase occurred when Good Morning America (GMA Deals) had what equates to a Flash Sale featuring these products. Well, let’s clarify that. My Mom called regailing about the deal and how much she wanted to try it. So I bought her some and that means I was forced (ahem) to buy some for me too. So what did I get? I purchased both the Crème Gelee and the TKO Ultimate Moisture Conditioner. What did I think?:
Beautiful Kinks Styling Crème Gelee
So… My hair is not totally ‘kinky’. It is in fact, transitioning (relaxed to natural) so there is about 6 months worth of coiled curlies. This may have had an impact on my twist out results. I made sure to coat each strand with special attention paid to those ends. The twists were very sleek and skinny. Tight even. So my initial thought was that I would have great definition. If my hair were longer my twists would have looked like Senegalese Twist extensions.
Day 1 hair. I untwisted my hair and then began seperating each twist. BAD NEWS. Frizzy was all that resulted from those sleek super tight slender twists. So now what? Don’t separate that is what. Alright, not the look I was going for but I can live with it.
Day 2 hair. Someone took all the body my hair had (which really wasn’t that much) and ran off with it. Even the curly ends are flat, lifeless and well relaxed. Before work, I added a couple of rods to try and reset the curled ends but they fizzled.
Day 3 hair. crowning flat twist is all I can do at this point. The definition has faded for about half of the twists. Drowned kinda wavy rat.
- The product has a nice smell but nothing to write home about.
- The Gellee is very rich and creamy. Definitely feels like a luxury item.
- The container still looks full!!! I used what I thought was a lot of product yet, only a small amount seems to have disappeared from the container. I love getting a lot when I am expecting a little. Cheese.
- Every time I touch my hair this product is on my hands. I touch my hair a lot. I know I shouldn’t but those are the facts. I wash my hands a lot too.
- Curled ends fell after the first day.
- Separated twists became frizzy. I really don’t like frizz.
- The twists that were simply untwisted but not separated (hope that makes sense) lost all body by day two.
Products life on my shelf:
Suspect. I doubt that I will throw this away since I am way to cheap money conscious or even better… frugal for that to occur. I can probably figure out some product combinations that will make this useful. That may entail gifting it or waiting for more curly and less straight hair to emerge. Keeping it in the current rotation isn’t going to happen though. Unfortunately, this product isn’t for me or my transitioning hair right now.
You can watch the video here.
So tell me, have you tried Andre’s gellee? Did you like it?